Almond Flour Pie Crust
Our classic pie crust is a must-have recipe for anyone who loves to bake. We use this crust for all our pie-making adventures. The flavor is versatile enough for fresh fruit pies, pudding pies, pumpkin pies, or even cheesecake.
Yield: 9-inch round pie crustYield: 9-inch round pie crust
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (make sure to melt the palm shortening before mixing it into the batter, about 40 seconds in the microwave does the trick).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.
Shaping the pie crust takes a little finesse. It takes about 10 minutes to smooth out the perfect pie crust; you want to create an even, thin layer. We will often use freshly ground pecans in place of almond for our pies. The warm flavor of a pecan pie crust is the perfect complement to a pumpkin pie. For this, substitute pecan meal for almond meal in equal amounts.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 2 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 15 Minutes, Chill Time: 2 hrs
2 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel