5-Ingredient Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
Layers of breaded zucchini and ground beef topped with tomato sauce make a great alternative to traditional lasagna.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop off the ends of your zucchini.
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice your zucchini into 1/4 inch wide strips, resembling lasagna strips.
- Using two pie pans or bowls, add your eggs into one pan (scramble them first), and your almond flour into the other. These are for breading your zucchini.
- Dread your zucchini into the almond flour, trying to get an even coat, and then straight into the eggs. Then place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake your zucchini strips for 15 minutes until brown, flipping the strips over half-way through the cooking.
- While your zucchini is baking, brown your ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain the excess grease if desired (optional).
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add 1/4 cup of your tomato sauce and spread to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add in your remaining tomato sauce to your ground beef, and mix to fully incorporate.
- Using 1/2 of your baked zucchini noodles, layer them on top of the tomato sauce in your 9x13 pan, to form an even layer.
- Spoon in 1/2 of your tomato/ground beef mixture on top of the zucchini noodles.
- Add your remaining zucchini noodles as a second layer in your pan, and top with the remaining tomato/ground beef mixture.
- Place aluminum foil on your pan, and cook for 45 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil after 45 minutes, and cook for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top of your lasagna.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 11 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
1 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel