5-Ingredient Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
cook:1 hour and 15 minutes
Layers of breaded zucchini and ground beef topped with tomato sauce make a great alternative to traditional lasagna.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop off the ends of your zucchini.
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice your zucchini into 1/4 inch wide strips, resembling lasagna strips.
- Using two pie pans or bowls, add your eggs into one pan (scramble them first), and your almond flour into the other. These are for breading your zucchini.
- Dread your zucchini into the almond flour, trying to get an even coat, and then straight into the eggs. Then place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake your zucchini strips for 15 minutes until brown, flipping the strips over half-way through the cooking.
- While your zucchini is baking, brown your ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain the excess grease if desired (optional).
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add 1/4 cup of your tomato sauce and spread to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add in your remaining tomato sauce to your ground beef, and mix to fully incorporate.
- Using 1/2 of your baked zucchini noodles, layer them on top of the tomato sauce in your 9x13 pan, to form an even layer.
- Spoon in 1/2 of your tomato/ground beef mixture on top of the zucchini noodles.
- Add your remaining zucchini noodles as a second layer in your pan, and top with the remaining tomato/ground beef mixture.
- Place aluminum foil on your pan, and cook for 45 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil after 45 minutes, and cook for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top of your lasagna.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.