4-Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
These little macaroons only require four ingredients: egg whites, shredded coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla. Perfect for a quick Easter treat! When you pop a little macaroon into your mouth, the lovely coconut flavor will erupt, as your teeth break into the crispy outside shell. Then, as you devour the soft, moist inside, you get to enjoy the wonderful maple-vanilla sensation!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until they are white, fluffy, and a stiff peak forms.
- Stir in the coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- To make the macaroon shape, use a cookie scoop and tightly pack the mixture into it, then drop the cookies onto the lined baking sheet. In order for them to hold together, you must tightly pack it. If the cookies start to slightly fall before they get into the oven, you can mold the edges of each one with your hands, before they get baked.
- Bake the macaroons on the middle rack of the oven for about 26 minutes. Then, let them cool on a wire cooling rack for at least ten minutes, to set.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.