Welcome to our new home on the web – The Food Lovers Kitchen. This website is one big step towards providing you with a highly functional and interactive Paleo website. We’ve built some great features into this website to make it more useful and functional for day to day use. We’ve been blogging for almost 2 years now, and have tried to incorporate two years of feedback into the construction of this website.
We’ve built The Food Lovers Kitchen to incorporate all the features you’ve come to love about The Food Lovers Primal Palate over the last two years. We’ll still be blogging here on the new site, with new recipes each week. You’ll still be able to print the recipes and look through all sorts of photos. There will also still be a way to search through all the recipes on the site by photo – our signature “Visual Recipe Index.”
Here are some of the great new features:
- Over 150 previously unreleased recipes! Below are just a few of the many new-to-you recipes. All of our recipes are now available with slick navigation and a refined user experience. We’ve expanded upon the idea of a visual recipe index and made it more user friendly by providing several different sorted views. Click the “Recipes” tab in the upper left to get started!
- You can filter all of our recipes by special dietary needs. Do you have an Egg Allergy? How about a FODMAP aversion? Dairy or Nut allergy? Or are you trying to cut out sugar? All of these filters are available on the website to alert you to allergens or dietary restrictions within each recipe. This filter is located in the left column.
- Over a dozen special menus for occasions and events. From birthdays, to holidays, to making any night of the week special – we have a menu for you and your loved ones to enjoy a perfectly paleo meal.
- A hand-picked 30 day “Intro to Paleo” meal plan, in which we guide you through some of our best Paleo recipes that can help you or your friends get going quickly and easily. The 30 day Intro to Paleo meal plan also includes 4 weeks of shopping lists so that trips to the grocery store are no mystery.
- A 21 Day “Sugar Detox” meal plan that will help you tackle Diane Sanfilippo’s 21 Day Sugar Detox with ease. Everything is planned out for you – all you have to do is click.
- Each recipe has its own macronutrient breakdown, as well as a calorie calculation. We know not everyone is concerned with these numbers (nor should they be), but they are a mouse-click away for those that wish to know and are trying to dial things in, nutritionally speaking.
- Expanded “About Paleo” resources. We tell you everything you need to know to get started if you’re new to paleo. From how to select the best meats, to buying produce in season, to explanations about the best fats to use – it’s all available in our “About Paleo” section.
- Ye old virtual store. We have links to buy all of our favorite things: our book (and books we recommend), our shirts, ingredients, cooking utensils, camera gear that we use – you name it. We have one place to find it all.
- Resources out the wazoo. If you run out of ideas and inspiration on our site, we have a comprehensive list of links to the very best resources on the net. If you’re new to paleo, this will help you along your way. We have gathered the best sites for Health and Nutrition, Recipes, Lifestyle, Fitness, and even Podcasts.
But wait, we’re just getting started.
Here are some features we have in the works:
- Interactive Meal and Menu Planner
- User generated shopping lists and ingredient sourcing
- Online collaboration with other members
- Supporting membership opportunities
We are excited to share all of our hard work (and our team’s hard work) with you. Please take a moment to look around the site and give us some feedback on the new format. You can do that on the contact page, drop us a line to [email protected], or simply comment on this post below. We’d love to hear what you think, because this site is for you guys. We want it to be as useful and helpful to you as possible – your comments will help us get it there. Please keep in mind this is a new (and very large) website. We are counting on you guys to help us catch bugs and report any errors you see. If you come across a glitch, please report it here.
And now, the really fun part: A BIG giveaway!
The giveaway has closed, as of 3/12/12 – Thank you to all who entered
- Le Creuset 5.5 qt French Oven ($265)
- Le Creuset Roasting Pan ($250)
- 12.5″ Le Creuset Stainless Frying Pan ($140)
- $100 US Wellness Meats Gift Card
- Diane Sanfilippo’s book “Practical Paleo – A customized approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle” (winner will receive book late Summer 2012, $40 value)
- Nom Nom Paleo Pack: An app code to her forthcoming recipe app, a pair of NNP socks, and your choice of shirt from her spreadshirt store! ($50 value)
- 1L Kasandrinos Olive Oil ($30 value)
- Steve’s Original Seasonal Sampler, Steve’s Original Sampler, + $50 gift card ($115 value)
- A 1-year subscription to Chris Kresser’s Meal Plan Generator ($120 value)
- Register for this site (it’s in the top navigation, at the far right). It’s free, and takes 5 seconds.
- Share this contest with your friends. The sharing buttons appear if you are in the post itself, so click the title of the post to view the sharing icons.
- Like the pages that have contributed to this giveaway (including ours):
Commenting is NOW OPEN. 🙂
I registered and it is not keeping me signed in. Having trouble entering the contest.
YAY! 🙂 Completed all steps! Site looks GREAT! 🙂
Finally got the whole thing figured out.
2) I liked all the pages
3) I shared the contest on Facebook.
Registered,liked all the pages,shared on facebook
I completed all the steps!! This is a great giveaway and I love the new site!
New site looks awesome!! Completed all the steps for the contest, super excited!
Completed all the steps! 🙂
I registered(but it’s not keeping me signed in)
I liked all the pages and shared the contest!
I love the new site!!
I’m registered, I shared on FB, and everything is liked on Facebook. Thanks for the chance to win!
Looks fantastic, I’ve registered and completed the steps but it won’t let me stay logged in.
SOOOO excited about this new site! Thank you for the giveaway opportunity! All steps have been completed!!
I think the site is keeping people logged in, but it may not be obvious. We’re working on it – thanks so much for the feedback everyone. We’ll have this site tuned up in no time! 🙂 -B&H
All done! What a great new page, thanks for all you do to help us 🙂
All done. I hope I did that correctly. Registered, Shared on FB and Pinterest, and Liked all of the sponsors that I didn’t already follow 🙂
Registered, Shared, & Liked.
Yay! this is great. love the new site. completed all of the steps. 🙂
My husband and I love all of your recipes! I can’t wait to dig into your new site. Thanks for the giveaway! I have completed all the steps!
Site is not keeping me signed in – but I did complete all the steps for the giveaway!
Registered, shared and liked!!! Website looks fantastic!!!
I’ve completed all the steps! The site is awesome, can’t wait to look around more when I get off work tonight!
Done and done! This new site is amazing! Thank you for creating such a wonderful resource. Now, which recipe should I try first?
Registered, shared, and liked! This is a great contest!
Love the new site! Congrats!
Great job on the new site! All registered, shared, and liked!
Registered, shared and liked! Nice setup!
My birthday is March 15, this would be a great gift 🙂
Completed all steps 😀 The site looks beautiful!!
yay! i hope i win!
Great stuff as always guys. Awesome contest too.
All steps completed! Love the new site – looking forward to playing w/ the recipe search terms & am planning on doing the 21-day sugar detox w/ the hubby (who loves him some chocolate peanut butter cups…)
done! great work on the site!
The website looks awesome! My husband and I both love your cookbook – it’s really helped us to stick to the Paleo lifestyle!
Thanks for such an awesome new site!
Wow! What a giveaway!!! Registered, shared and liked…
Done, done, and done. Boom!
Congratulations on the new beautiful site! It looks awesome! I have done all the following!!! I have also posted the link on my blog facebook page! Thanks!!!
this site is awesome!! thank you for the great new site and thank you for the opportunity to win the giveaway!! all steps are complete . . . so exciting!!
Registered, liked & shared!
New website looks cool! Love the giveaway… so exciting! You guys rock!
All steps completed. So exciting!
Awesome giveaway!!All steps complete..BTW Love your new site… : )
Done and done! Fingers crossed1 The new site looks great!
Completed all the steps!
Love the new layout! 🙂
completed all the steps! this give away is exciting!
Wow, this site looks amazing! What an awesome collection of extremely useful tools for eating right and living healthy! All steps have been completed and I shared this awesomeness with all my friends 🙂 Now I get to explore it some more 🙂
Completed all the steps – website looks great so far!
This is my absolute favorite website for primal/paleo recipes. The new site looks fantastic, and I’m excited to get to know all the features. I’ve registered, shared, and liked the contributing websites. FYI I LOVE Steve’s Originals. I am currently having a giveaway I love them so much.
Completed all the steps! Good luck everyone!!
Completed all steps! I’m Mirandroid Jones on FB.