A few years back, I made a simple salad for Thanksgiving dinner, topped with goat cheese, craisins, and toasted walnuts. In addition to the salad, I had also made a homemade raspberry vinaigrette. This salad was definitely delicious, but for some reason it was the one and only time I ever made the salad, or the dressing for that matter. However, I do remember that it complimented the other flavors of Thanksgiving dinner very well, and was also very easy to execute. Come Thanksgiving day, the cook seems to always be juggling different dishes all while welcoming guests, so quick options that bring all the flavor and presentation of a gourmet dish are always appreciated. So often we fill our plates with heavy dishes on Thanksgiving, and it’s nice to have something light and fresh to round out the menu.
- 3 tbsp raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp all natural dijon mustard (ingredients listed would be, mustard seed, apple cider vinegar, and salt)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 cups spring mix greens.
- 6 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced.
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped.
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled.
- Pour vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and olive oil into a jar
- Shake vigorously until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Top spring mix greens with sliced strawberries, chopped walnuts, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle lightly with raspberry vinaigrette.
- Lightly toss, and serve.
As always, enjoy!