We had been wanting to try out some fish sauce in a few recipes, but unfortunately we could never find a product that had ingredients that we felt good about. Not even at Whole Foods. Another great thing about this product is that a little goes a long way! Only a few drops here or there adds wonderful flavor to dishes, so this stuff really lasts a while!
For this dish, we wanted to create a tasty summer skewer recipe and infuse it with some asian flavors. What better to accomplish this than sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and of course coconut aminos. This was a simple marinade, that created a new and exciting take on steak skewers.
- 1/4 tsp red boat fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced and halved
- Marinate steak and vegetables for 1-4 hours in a Ziploc bag.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer the meat and vegetables on large metal skewers.
- Grill 12-15 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes until evenly cooked.