Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
2 hours and 30 minutes
2 hours and 40 minutes
There is something really wonderful about the texture of frozen, yet soft, cream with the crunch of chocolate throughout. The crisp, refreshing peppermint ice cream is complimented beautifully by the deep tones of the dark chocolate chips.
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Coconut Milk
- 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 3 3 Egg Yolk
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, pour in chocolate chips, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.