A popular breakfast throughout the Americas, huevos rancheros is typically served atop a corn or flour tortilla and with refried beans. We make it paleo by ditching those parts, and just adding more of the good stuff!
- 1 1 Jalapeño, minced
- 1 1 Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 2 Tomato, Vine-ripened, diced
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the peppers have softened slightly.
- Add in diced tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Slow-cook two eggs for approximately 6 minutes, until the whites cook through.
- Plate the eggs topped with the salsa, and garnish with cilantro and avocado slices.
Be cautious when cooking with jalapeño peppers. Most of the heat lies in the seeds, so for a milder dish, discard the seeds. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after handling the peppers, before touching your face or eyes. For extra caution, you can wear rubber gloves.