Warm and juicy baked apples contain all the delicious flavors of apple pie, stuffed into a convenient package. This recipe is a fun way to enjoy the wonderful flavors of apple pie without all the fuss.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Salted, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Ground Cinnamon
- 2 whole 2 whole Granny Smith Apple
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Walnuts, Organic, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top 1/4 off of the apples, near the stem.
- With a sharp knife, remove the core of the apple without disturbing the bottom of the apple.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, maple syrup and butter.
- Stir until the butter is evenly combined into the mixture.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Stuff the center of each apple with the mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.