Paleo Beef Shanks aka Ossobuco Della Rosy (My mom’s famous Ossobuco!)
Ossobuco is a delicious way to cook your meat on the bone. It also contains the marrow, full of important nutrients. Try it with just the lightest sprinkle of sea salt.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with about 2 cups of hot water ad let soften.
- In a large skillet melt the fat and saute the shanks on a high flame until browned on both sides.
- In the meantime, in a cast iron or heavy pot sweat the onions, carrots and celery with 2 tablespoons of fat, on a low flame.
- When the vegetables are softened add the shanks, raise the flame and add the red wine.
- Now add the porcini, with their soaking water. (You can filter it through a cheesecloth if you fear there might be sand in the mushrooms).
- Add the broth, salt and pepper.
- Now cook on a very low flame for at least two hours, or until the meat is very tender and breaks with a fork.
- Serve immediately with plenty of its own broth and veggies.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
15 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel