The perfect side dish for summer are baked, crispy sweet potato fries straight out of the oven. We love roasted sweet potatoes, and we have purchased the already prepared (but raw) sweet potato fries from Trader Joes, but we had yet to make our own.
For this recipe, we kept things simple by tossing our fries in olive oil, salt, and pepper. This is a great base recipe for creating fun flavors using different herbs and spices. The next time you are craving a bun-less burger, hot off the grill, throw in a side of sweet potato fries along with it!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to bake at 400.
- Rinse sweet potato under cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into thin spears.
- Toss spears with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread seasoned spears evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
As always, enjoy!
I could eat sweet potato fries every day…..I like them exactly like this – salt and pepper! Beautiful!
I would suggest trying to do exactly this, only with butternut squash. Kristin likes that even more!
These do look great.
I've made these several times… so yummy!