Skirt steak is on of the most amazing cuts of steak, in our humble opinion. Every time we place an order with US Wellness Meats we absolutely have to order a skirt steak, because theirs are always mouth watering! We drool over every cut of meat we receive from US Wellness, but skirt steak is definitely one of our top picks.
Skirt steak is one of those cuts of beef where it almost seems like a crime to do anything to it beyond a sprinkle of salt and a quick flip on the grill, so for this recipe we did just that. Salt, and a grill: that is all you need with skirt steak. To take the steak to the next level, we sauteed some white mushrooms in butter, garlic, and lemon zest. Amazing. This meal was totally drool-worthy, and I think we were both sad to see it end!
This one one of the meals that we enjoyed on The 21 Day Sugar Detox, and we highly recommend adding it to your Sugar Detox menu as well!
- 1 skirt steak
- 2, 8 oz packs of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus one teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse skirt steak under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut steak into 4 equal portions.
- Sprinkle steaks on either side with salt.
- Grill 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic to butter and saute until the garlic infuses the butter slightly.
- Add mushrooms to garlic butter and saute.
- Once mushrooms start to soften add lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Continue to saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Top each serving of steak with lemon mushrooms and enjoy.[Print Recipe]