One of the first few meals Bill and I made together as a couple was grilled shrimp and vegetables. This is a delicious meal option that is not only mouth watering, but also very simple and quick to make.
For this recipe, we wanted to take a classic scampi recipe (which is usually paired with pasta, or rice), and top our grain free version over spaghetti squash. This dish is very versatile, in that you could pair the scrimp scampi over riced cauliflower, spaghetti squash, kelp noodles, salad, or simply just a serving of steamed or sauteed vegetables. This is a simple, healthy dish, that is light and flavorful. It is also a quick meal option when you are short on time, or inspiration.
- 1 pound raw, peeled shrimp, defrosted if frozen (defrost with cold water)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves minced garlic (feel free to add more. We love garlic, so the more the merrier for us!)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean shrimp under cold water and remove tails if desired.
- Mince garlic and parsley and set aside.
- Place shrimp in a large zip lock bag.
- Pour olive oil over shrimp, and cover with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Close zip lock bag and let marinate for 10-20 minutes (you can let the shrimp marinate for as little or as much time as you would like, just make sure all the shrimp are evenly coated in the seasoning).
- Skewer shrimp, and grill 4 minutes per side, or until pink and opaque.
- Serve over spaghetti squash.