Alongside the salmon is a new salad that was simple, easy, and wonderfully fresh. Summer to us brings along crisp fruits and vegetables, fresh flavors, and mouth watering meat hot off the grill. This salad would pair beautifully with any fish or chicken. This is also a great option for a simple salad to serve to house guests for a big summer cookout.
Salmon and Marinade
- 1 lb wild caught salmon, cut into 4-6 oz portions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- The juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse salmon under cold water, pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into 4-6 oz portions.
- In a glass jar, combine the ingredients for the marinade, and shake vigorously.
- Place salmon in a gallon ziplock bag, pour marinade over salmon, seal and toss to ensure the salmon is fully coated in the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill salmon 4 minutes a side over medium-high heat.
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.