My aunt Justine used to make the most delicious stuffed portabella mushroom caps with spinach, Havarti cheese, and sometimes sliced tomato. They were a simple recipe that she would often serve for house guests, and they were always a favorite of mine. When Bill and I received some wonderful aged goat cheese from US Wellness Meats, immediately my aunts recipe came to mind. I had been wanting to recreate this recipe of my aunts, and this was now the perfect time to do it.
This recipe takes minimal effort to create a delicious side dish or appetizer for friends or family. We used the large portabella caps for this recipe, but you could also use baby bellas to make bite size versions to serve at a house party.
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- Organic baby spinach
- Raw Amish Goat Cheddar Cheese, or Havarti cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse mushroom caps under cold water and pat dry.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet cap side down.
- Place a handful of baby spinach on each mushroom cap.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and the spinach is wilted.
As always, enjoy!