We have finally succeeded in coming up with a high quality mayonnaise recipe, that gets an A+ on both flavor and nutrition! Many of you have tried our grapeseed oil mayo, and although that recipe is delicious, I always feel a bit guilty offering that recipe knowing that grapeseed oil is not an ideal oil to use. It is very high in omega 6 (hello inflammation!), so it is definitely one you shouldn’t consume regularly. If you do decide to use it, make sure never to heat it as it will go rancid.
- 1 cup unrefined macadamia nut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, blend egg, lemon juice, and mustard seed.
- Slowly add in oil, one tablespoon at a time, continuing to blend.
- When the oil has all emulsified and you have a creamy mayonnaise, add in salt and pepper.
- Keep in a jar in the fridge. This mayo will last about a week.
As always, enjoy!