Hi Friends! We are so excited to share with you something that we have been working on for the last two years! Our NEW organic spice blends, developed specifically for the little chef in your life.
We are so excited to introduce to you, Little Palates Organic Spices!
We knew when we had kids we would want them to be excited about food, and eager to learn how to cook with us. We also know how stressful it can be at times to get your kids to want to eat healthy meals. One of the things that has surprised us with introducing solids to our kids is that they really aren’t interested in solid foods for a while. It took Isla a while to want anything more than milk, and Luke is on the same path.
I wanted to develop blends for kids to help encourage them to help out in the kitchen, and participate in making meals in the hopes that they would want to try the foods they help with!
I developed three blends for kids that are so tasty, the whole family will love them! In this trio of spice blends we have:
Apple Cinnamon: The perfect blend for fruits, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and baked goods. We love it in cookies, baked apples, and in waffles or pancakes.
Herb Garden: A delicious and flavorful herby blend that is tasty on everything from chicken, potatoes, veggies, pizza, and pasta. This is our daily go-to for most meals!
Baby-Q: This is our kid-friendly barbecue seasoning. Full of smoky sweet flavor, without sugar, salt, or cayenne. We love this blend on roasted chicken wings, in egg muffins, on ribs, and on homemade fries!
Some special features about these blends, that were important to us in the development of them are:
- They are salt-free. Sodium is particularly important to avoid when starting to introduce solids to babies, and although these blends were developed for toddlers and kids, we wanted to let the parents control the amount of salt going into their kids’ foods. Including being salt-free, these blends are USDA Organic just like our other blends, gluten-free, sugar-free, and manufactured in a nut-free facility.
- Small, round, non-breakable bottles. It was really important to me to have bottles perfect for little hands, so we picked small, round, BPA-free plastic bottles that can be recycled. Even though they are smaller bottles than our other spice blends, they actually pack a big bunch by being about the same in volume as our other spice blends! (Only an 8% difference in volume from our glass bottles!)
- Shaker lids with little holes. Spills happen with little kids in the kitchen, so we wanted to try to help you avoid mess, and over-seasoning in the kitchen by making sure each shaker lid contains small holes.
- Color coded labels with drawings. Perfect for your littlest helper, they will know which spices they want to use by color or the drawing if they can’t read just yet!
- Coated Labels. Easy to clean coated labels, so you won’t have to worry about messy hands grabbing spice bottles. Just give them a wipe after you’re done making your masterpiece!
Along with the product release, we’ve also created 10 recipes for you to make with them, in a handy ebook format. All of the recipes will be coming to our FoodSocial profile over the coming weeks, but you can get all of the recipes now. Find the eBook here!
We’ve poured a lot of love into these new spice blends, and we hope your family loves them as much as we do! Find our new Little Palates blends along with all of our products in our online store, here.
Hayley, Bill, Isla, and Luke