Another tasty item we received from US Wellness Meats were two 5 pound packages of chicken tenders. These are a perfect purchase for a summer cookout, and that is exactly what we used them for. We had some of our best friends over for a Paleo style barbecue last month, and along with the beef back ribs, we grilled up some delicious herbed chicken skewers. These were wonderful, and so easy to make. It is a bit time consuming to skewer 5 pounds of chicken, but we were up for the challenge!
For this recipe we used simple flavors of lemon zest, olive oil, and herbs de provence. The flavors of the marinade enhanced the chicken beautifully without being overpowering. With the beef back ribs being the star of the show that afternoon, we wanted a complimentary meat dish to help fill the bellies of all our friends, without taking away the excitement and flavor of the ribs.
This simple seasoning would be fantastic on any piece of chicken, for any time of year. This is now one of our “go-to” chicken recipes, when we need one in a pinch. Having a taste of gourmet, without any fuss is always a great thing in our book.
- 5 pounds US Wellness Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- The zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup herbs de provence
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken tenders under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully remove the tendon with a knife.
- Cut tenders into large chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, olive oil, herbs de provence, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Skewer chicken and grill for 12-15 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes until meat is completely opaque.
As always, enjoy.
Looks yummmmy…. 🙂
http://www.yumyumfoodrecipes.com site owner.