Hayley and I wanted to put up a special, quick recipe today for a new friend of ours. Brock is a guy we met at Crossfit South Hills’ Fight Gone Bad cookout last week. We talked to him about Primal and Paleo eating for a while at the cookout. A few days later, he dove in head-first, and has been feeling great since then! As a special request, he asked if we could come up with a guacamole recipe.
I’ve been making the same guacamole for a few years – its a simple recipe that’s easy to pull together quickly – so this was an easy request! We’re really happy for Brock, and the positive changes he’s felt from eating primally. Keep up the good work, buddy – this one’s for you!
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced (seeds discarded)
- 1/2 lime
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Wash tomatoes & cilantro (always important).
- Dice tomato, chop 1/2 onion, chop cilantro, and remove skin from garlic cloves.
- Split avocados in half, discard pits, and slice meat while still in the skin.
- Scoop out avocados with a spoon into a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados with a fork until creamy with small chunks.
- Add in tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice – mix together.
- Add salt, mix, taste – if its not salty enough, add more.
- Garnish with some cilantro and some lime slices.
Guacamole is a versatile side dish – perfect for parties, Mexican night, or even just snacking on raw vegetables. Enjoy!