After creating our mayonnaise masterpiece (or so we thought, before realizing grapeseed oil is less-than ideal), I was feeling inspired and coming up with lots of recipes to create with our tasty mayo. One of the recipes that popped into my mind during my brainstorm was deviled eggs. As soon as the words escaped my lips Bill’s face lit up, “Yes! I love deviled eggs!” I think one of the reasons I love cooking so much is seeing Bills reaction every time I mention a new dish I want to make, or when he takes the first bite of something new. I guess it is true as they say…”the way to mans heart is through his stomach.” Well, he loves me and my cooking, and that makes me happy. Okay enough gushy stuff for now…
- 6-8 hard boiled eggs (more or less depending on the occasion, party or just a snack)
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for finishing touches
- To hard boil – place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Boil eggs for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Peel when cooled.
- Slice eggs, lengthwise, down the center.
- Remove yolk into a bowl.
- Mix yolk with mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Scoop yolk mixture back into the hard boiled egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
You guys are so cute! BTW — I made your homemade taco seasoning last night and it was awesome! I'm gonna try your cauliflower fried rice this week, too.
Thanks Michelle 🙂 That taco seasoning is the best! So glad you enjoyed it. Let us know how the rice turns out.
Hayley & Bill
What a great use for homemade mayo – I can just imagine how much better your deviled eggs tasted!
this is exactly how I make my deviled eggs. delish! 🙂