Our day has already been extremely busy, and we have more on our plate for the rest of the afternoon, but we wanted post a quick recipe for all of you staying strong with The 21 Day Sugar Detox (anyone can join in at anytime, and we welcome you to!) So much for a lazy Sunday, huh?
We are still going strong with the Sugar Detox, and those of you who have seen our meal posts on Facebook may have noticed a salad that we have been making all week. This is a very fresh, simple salad that we are completely addicted to. It is a mixture of some of our favorite flavors, avocado, olive, and cilantro. This is a salad that takes minimal effort to throw together, and can compliment most meals beautifully. This salad is also one that will definitely wow your guests. We made this salad for Bill’s parents last night and they couldn’t get enough of it!
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each dried rosemary and sage
- A dash of salt
- In a large salad bowl, place the mixed greens.
- Top greens with olives, avocado and cilantro.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, sage, and salt.
- Toss to combine all ingredients, and serve.