We think it is pretty apparent that we are currently on a smoked paprika kick, along with delicious chicken thighs. Smoked paprika adds wonderful flavor to all types of chicken, fish, or beef. We have really been enjoying this spice to add new flavor to our everyday meals, and seem to find a way to fit it into most of our recipes these days.
We added a touch of cayenne pepper to this recipe to give the chicken a little kick. Smoked paprika is not spicy. It really just gives added warmth to the dish, along with a light smoky flavor. Smoked paprika pairs well with bacon to enhance the already sweet and smoky flavor, and also with dishes that are typically a bit spicy. Try adding smoked paprika to a classic taco seasoning for a new kick!
- 4 bone in, skin on organic chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to bake at 425
- Rinse chicken thighs, pat try, and place in a large ziploc bag
- In a small mixing bowl, combine spices and olive oil
- Pour seasoning over chicken in ziploc back, and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Place chicken thighs on a broiling pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 40-45 minutes.
We really enjoyed spicing up our chicken recipe with these new flavors. This recipe is also wonderful on grilled chicken breast. The options for smoked paprika are endless!