Sometimes we need to throw some good meat and veggies in the crock pot and hope that something amazing will come out with little effort at all. The slow cooker is probably the paleo foodie’s best friend. Everything tastes amazing after cooking on low heat for hours, and it’s even better when you don’t have to put much work into the meal.
For this recipe we decided to play with some interesting flavors to (hopefully) create a tasty dish. The end result was pretty great. Cinnamon is surprisingly delicious when paired with steak, and the warm sweet flavor goes well with curry. We cooked the steak over turnip, parsnip, and onion. This dish is great comfort food for a chilly winter evening.
Moral of the story, when in doubt-just stick it in the crock pot.
- US Wellness Meats Teres Major Steak
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 4 turnips, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 whole cinnamon sticks
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn crock pot on low.
- Place chopped turnip, parsnip, and onion on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Rinse steak under cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle steak generously with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place steak over the chopped vegetables in the crock pot.
- Top steak with ginger, garlic cloves, and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
As always, enjoy!