The inspiration for this recipe came from my “Other Mom”, Barbara. Barbara is my best friend Sara’s mom, and she is one of THE best bakers I have ever met. Sara and I have been inseparable since the 9th grade, and I have always looked forward to the holiday season at Sara’s house for her mom’s amazing desserts, especially her chocolate chip banana bread. I’m not sure of the exact ingredients in Barbara’s banana bread, besides the obvious bananas and chocolate chips, but I did my best to recreate this delicious recipe.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour sifted
- 6 omega 3 eggs
- 4 dates + 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup bananas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend wet ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and continue to blend.
- Melt coconut oil, add to batter and blend.
- Add in desired mix-ins (we used mini loaf pans, so we split the batter into three parts to make the three different types of bread).
- Lightly grease loaf pans, and add batter (allow some room for the bread to rise).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (start checking at 20 minutes.).
- Let cool and serve.
*You can view the recipe for the date paste here.
This recipe really brought back fond memories of visiting with Sara and her family over the holiday season. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have.