Tomato Bacon Casserole
This bubbily, layered mixture of tomatoes, bacon, and onions could be served as a side dish, or atop your choice of entrée for an extra layer of flavors.
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, chopped
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 2 2 Tomato, vine-ripe
- 2 2 2 Yellow Tomato
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is hot and starts to bubble, add the chopped bacon to the skillet.
- Slice the onion, and add it to the bacon when the bacon is crispy. Sauté the onion until soft.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Lightly grease a 4-cup casserole dish, and line the bottom with a layer of the tomato slices.
- Spoon some of the bacon and onion mixture over the tomatoes. Repeat layering, ending with the tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the dish with the rosemary, oregano, and salt.
- Chop the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and place it on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the butter bubbles and the tomatoes are golden on top.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week