The Best AIP Waffles Ever!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Plantain, ripe
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Tigernut Flour
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Butternut Squash, puree
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- First turn on waffle iron
- Peel and chop plantains into food processor.
- Pulse briefly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree until well blended. The batter will be thick but bubbly.
- Scoop onto waffle iron by large tbsp full and cook for 6 minutes each. (this is for my iron)
- Tastes great on their own or drizzled with coconut butter and topped with blueberries!
No sugar added, crunchy, perfect for adding any toppings you would like, or straight up like I do. These reheat well and you can also make a double batch and freeze some for later. I really wanted a simple recipe without too many ingredients that I could easily whip up whenever the waffle craving struck (which is quite frequently). The key ingredient here is butternut squash puree. Now, you can sub other fruit, but the butternut squash is lighter than pumpkin and gives it the unique texture and flavour. I make my own and freeze a whole bunch for later but you can buy it pre canned.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week