Tahini-Mashed Twice-Baked Sweet Potato
A marriage between creamy baked sweet potato and legume-free hummus... a super easy, 4-ingredient meal or hearty side dish to grilled chicken shwarma or crockpot Kahlua pork.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Sweet Potato, scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast sweet potato on baking sheet for at least 45 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potato. It needs to be cooked all the way through and very tender to get the creamiest mash.
- Carefully spoon out the flesh of the sweet potato into a bowl, leaving the skin intact as much as possible.
- Mash sweet potato well with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in tahini, coconut cream, lemon zest, and salt to taste.
- Spoon mixture back into skin, then fold skin back over the mashed potato to reshape.
- Return to oven for additional 10 minutes. Serve with tahini and lemon juice drizzle.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week