Sweet Potato Waffles
Fluffy, filling waffles with no sugar added!
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Sweet Potato, cooked
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cinnamon, Cassia
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, or sunbutter
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whip your egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- After cooking your sweet potato, mash it up and add it to the egg whites with the sunbutter. Mix until incorporated. Donu2019t over mix or the whites will flop.
- Add your egg yolks, vanilla and coconut milk and mix until just combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Place half of the mixture in a sprayed/greased waffle iron. Cook until done!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Dairy Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I haven’t made this, but the instructions mention sunbutter, which is not on the ingredient list. Is something missing?
You are correct, an ingredient was missing. It has now been corrected. If there’s every any confusion, just check the “View the original recipe” link to view the author’s blog post. Thanks for the heads up! -Kara