Spring Pea and Onion Noodle Bowls
- 1 cups 1 cups 1 cups Green Peas, shelled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp wheat-free Tamari
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Kelp Noodles
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Cod
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Lime Juice, squeezed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, ground
- First prepare your protein. For this, combine your garlic, honey mustard, olive oil, and tamari sauce in a small bowl. Coat your fish fillet or protein in the sauce . Grill or bake for 10-12 minutes (if using fish) at 400F. While the fish (or other protein) is cooking, rinse your noodles and add to 3-4 cups boiling water with a dash of salt. Rice noodles usually cook in about 8-10 minutes. Kelp noodles take about a minute or two. You want to cook them at medium heat then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Remove your protein/fish from the oven. While your noodles and fish are cooling. Prepare another pot with your broth, peas , and onion. Cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until veggies are almost done. Then add in your noodles. Mix well. Let it simmer a few more minutes on low to get everything warm and cooked.
- Spoon noodles, veggies, and broth into bowls. Add your chopped fish or protein on top and a squeeze a little lime juice on top! Feel free to add in a dash chili pepper or black pepper too for spice!
You can easily double this recipe to serve 4! And if you are using chicken, the cooking time with be about 7-10 minutes longer in oven depending on the thickness of your chicken meat.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week