Slow-Roasted Prime Rib
- 6 - 7 lb 6 - 7 lb 6 - 7 lb Rib Roast Beef Roast, bone-in but separated from the meat
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Two hours before cooking, take the prime rib out of the refrigerator to allow to come completely to room temperature. Rub all of the exposed surfaces with the sea salt.
- When you are ready to start cooking, preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Place the meat bone side down on a rack in a roasting dish. Cook for 4-6 hours, or until an internal thermometer reads 125 degrees (for medium-rare; 135 for medium), keeping in mind that the roast will rise in temperature 5 degrees as it cools.
- Let the roast cool for 30-45 minutes while you increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees. Place the roast back in the oven for 7-10 minutes to let the skin get crispy. Watch it carefully here, as it can burn easily! Once you take it out of the oven it only needs a few minutes to cool; the meat on the inside has already rested.
Alternately, you can brown the outside of the meat for 7-10 minutes in a skillet once the meat has rested.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week