- Fill a large pot with water and submerge the jars.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- This will help to temper the jars and sterilize them too.
- Fill a smaller pot with water and submerge the lids.
- Bring them to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Begin slicing the jalapeno peppers and continue until all are sliced.
- In a separate pot, add the water, vinegar, and salt over medium heat.
- Remove the jars from the pot and set aside.
- When the brine begins to slightly boil, turn off the heat.
- The purpose of bringing the brine to a boil is to ensure the salt is completely dissolved.
- Add the jalapenos to the jars and continue until all are filled.
- Add the brine to the jars and place the lids on them.
- Place them in a large pot and fill the pot with water, so it covers the jars, by about an inch.
- Bring the water to a hard boil and allow it to remain as such for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars and set aside to cool
You'll also need 11 -12 medium size mason jars with lids, canning tongs, canning funnel, and 1 or 2 very large pots or stock pots.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week