Similar to Greek village salad, shopska salad features strong, white cheese. In Bulgaria they use a hard brined cheese called sirene. It is similar to feta (in taste, but it is a hard cheese)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Cucumber, diced
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Tomato, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, finely diced
- 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, Ground
- 0.5 lb 0.5 lb 0.5 lb Feta Cheese, grated or crumbled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dice the bell pepper, cucumbers and tomatoes. Finely chop the salad onion and parsley. Combine all of these ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil and vinegar. Season generously with black pepper and sea salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss together until all the contents are well combined. Sprinkle grated or crumbled feta over the top
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week