Sausage and Sweets Breakfast Bowl
There are so many eggs you can take before breakfast starts to get too redundant. I have recently tried to limit nightshades and eggs in my diet after reading up on the autoimmune protocol diet. By experimenting with this elimination I hope to see an improvement in my digestive and autoimmune response. Here’s a breakfast I created that has the perfect balance of sweet and savory to start your morning egg free. Best part of this dish? It is made in ONE SKILLET!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, jullienned
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Italian Sausage, Mild, crumbled
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Apple, organic, peeled and chopped
- 4 sprigs 4 sprigs 4 sprigs Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, prep the veggies and apple. Peel the sweet potatoes and julienne or noodle them. Yes, that's a verb. I used a mandolin for my sweet potato, but you can also use a spiral slicer if you have one. Dice the onion and apple. Set everything aside.
- In a medium-hot cast iron skillet crumble the sausage into the pan. Add chopped onions and cook until sausage is brown and onions are translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and apple. Combine. Next, add maple syrup, chopped parsley, and sea salt and pepper. Stir and cook on medium until the apples are soft and sweet potato is just past al dente.
This is an autoimmune protocol friendly breakfast.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week