Raw Chocolate Mousse Brownie
My love affair with raw treats continues this week and I am sure this slice will impress you. I decided to combine two of my recipes - the base layer of my Raw Peppermint Slice with a top layer of my Easy Chocolate Mousse, and I came up with this Raw Chocolate Mousse Brownie. This slice is pure chocolate heaven and you don't have to feel guilty if you decide to eat an extra piece, which just might happen! This slice in particular is packed full of healthy ingredients, including banana, avocado, medjool dates, raw almonds, coconut oil, cacao powder and raw honey. If you are vegan, you can substitute the honey with organic maple syrup, it will still taste amazing.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds, Or Macadamias (for the base)
- 0.458 cup 0.458 cup 0.458 cup Raw Cacao Powder, (1/3 cup for the base plus 2 Tbsp for the top)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, Melted (for the base)
- 10 pieces 10 pieces 10 pieces Dates (Medjool), (for the base)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey, or Organic Maple Syrup (for the top)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, (for the top)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Banana, (for the top)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, As required (for the top)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Base - Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until all the ingredients are well mixed and the nuts are crushed.
- Base - Add mixture to a lined tin, smooth out with a spoon and place in the freezer to set.
- Top Layer - Add ingredients, in order of honey, avocado, banana and cacao to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to add some water to help it blend smoothly.
- Top Layer - Put back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour).
- Top Layer - Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the freezer (as it has the tendency to soften quickly).
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week