Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes
We've improved our classic Salmon Cakes recipe even further by streamlining the number of ingredients (substituting our bright and flavorful Seafood Seasoning for other spices.) This recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious! (Makes 10 salmon cakes)
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Canned Salmon
- 3 3 3 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Vidalia Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, (or your choice of fat for frying)
- Lemon, wedges, for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chives , garnish
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Parsley, garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, egg yolks, and Seafood Seasoning.
- Add in the minced onion, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2 ounce patties, and place each cake on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and heat the palm shortening (or other fat) in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry the cakes for about a minute on either side in the duck fat, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, some minced chives, and parsley.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week