Pumpkin Maple Cake with Chocolate Coconut Buttercream Frosting
Pumpkin Maple Cake with Chocolate Coconut Buttercream Frosting is gluten free, paleo, dairy free, soy free, grain free and DELICIOUS! I can’t explain to you just how good this cake is. Really it is that good, dense, moist, has so much pumpkin flavor and the chocolate coconut buttercream frosting is the perfect matrimony of flavors.
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Ginger, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Allspice, ground
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cloves, ground
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs, room temperature
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Butter, Unsalted, room temperature
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Coconut Palm Sugar, processed in food processor until a powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, melted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease two 9" springform pans
- In a large mixing bowl mix together maple syrup, pumpkin puree, eggs, and coconut oil.
- In a large bowl stir to combine almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice mix.
- Slowly add almond flour mix into wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans dividing evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is cooked through center.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- In an electric mixing bowl add butter and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in process organic coconut sugar and allow to completely combine.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave for 40 seconds, remove stir, add back in to the microwave for an additional 20 seconds. Should be melted and smooth.
- While mixer is running on low, pour chocolate into mixture and allow to mix until smooth.
- Once cakes are cool remove from pan.
- Place first cake on cake stand and pour about 1/3 of the frosting mixture on top, smoothing to the edges.
- Gently place second cake on top of frosting.
- Use remaining frosting to coat top and sides of cake.
- Place in refrigerator if not serving immediately.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week