Pigs in a Pillow
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Pork, (for the sausage)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, (for the sausage)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, (for the sausage)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sage, (for the sausage)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Parsley, Flat Leaf, (for the sausage)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Thyme, (for the sausage)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cloves, ground, (for the sausage)
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Coconut Flour, (for the biscuits)
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Arrowroot Flour, (for the biscuits)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, (for the biscuits)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Water, (for the biscuits)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lemon Juice, (for the biscuits)
- 3/4 tsp 3/4 tsp 3/4 tsp Baking Soda, (for the biscuits)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt, (for the biscuits)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Gelatin, Unflavored, Knox brand, for the egg substitute, see instructions (for the biscuits)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil. Set out a baking sheet.
- Mix all breakfast sausage ingredients together and form one-tablespoon sized meat balls. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare "pillows."
- Place all biscuit ingredients, except gelatin, in large mixing bowl.
- Prepare gelatin egg substitute: Whisk one tablespoon gelatin into one tablespoon cool water. Add two tablespoons boiling water. Whisk vigorously until completely dissolved and frothy. Add to mixing bowl and mix on medium until a dough forms.
- Form 24 one-tablespoon sized balls of dough. Place one ball into each mini muffin cup.
- When meatballs are finished, remove them from oven. Press one "pig" (meatball) into each unbaked "pillow" (biscuit) until the dough spreads up around each meatball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week