Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
This batter is easy to mix and will mix up to be a bit thicker than traditional pancake batter, but once you make them, you'll see that the pancakes will have the same fluffy, airy texture as traditional pancakes. So much so, that non-paleo and/or non-gluten free eaters won't be able to tell the difference.
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Eggs, whisked
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Milk, FOR OPTIONAL TOPPING
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Strawberries, FOR OPTIONAL TOPPING
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet into dry and gradually combine until your batter is well mixed. It will be a bit thicker than traditional pancake batter. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of your milk.
- Melt oil in a skillet on the stove on low-med heat. Be sure you use a pan that you can put a lid on.
- Take 1/4 cup batter and place it on your skillet. Shake lightly or use the back of a spoon to spread your batter out a bit. If you have room, feel free to make more than 1 pancake at a time, but be careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cover your skillet with a lid and cook until bubbles begin to form on top. Use a spatula to flip your pancake. Cook for an additional 30 seconds before removing from the pan. Continue until you have used all batter.
- For optional strawberry topping, muddle strawberries and combine with 3 tbs coconut milk. Add an additional strawberry and muddle if it is too thin for your liking. Plate your pancakes and add your strawberry topping. For extra flair, add a few extra sliced strawberries!
Yields 12-15 pancakes that are 3-4" in diameter
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week