Paleo Salade Niçoise
Salade Niçoise is one of the most refreshing summer salads to make! This Paleo version is full of flavor, healthy fats and nutrients, plus it’s simple to make and ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Halibut Filet, or any fatty white fish
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Green Beans, French-Style, lightly steamed or raw
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, Vine-ripened, quartered
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, hard boiled
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds, roasted (to replace the anchovies)
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens, or butter lettuce
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Yellow Squash, boiled or sweet potato (seasoned with black pepper and garlic)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, for dressing
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Basil, fresh
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Red Palm Oil
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Onion Powder, for dressing
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice of lemon
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, for dressing
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic, minced - for dressing
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard, for dressing
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Parsley, dried - for dressing
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar, for dressing
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, if you haven't already cooked your potato or squash, you can simply chop them and steam in microwave bowl for 2-3 minutes. I seasoned mine with a little black pepper and sea salt after. You can also slightly steam your green beans, but make sure they are still crunchy.
- For the fish, heat a skillet on medium heat. Add in your palm oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and dash of sea salt. Cook on medium to medium high for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Mine took about 10 minutes. The flesh will be flaky and buttery.
- Once everything is cooked, place your greens in a bowl, arrange your squash/potatoes within the greens, then add in your tomatoes and beans.
- Next, slice your cooked fish and place on top with the olives and sunflower seeds. Add lemon juice on top.","The dressing is pretty simple. You just mix the ingredients listed above into a small jar. Pour half or all over salad. However much you prefer. Top with a few fresh basil leaves.
- This serves 1 big salad or 2 smaller salads.
* top salad with the pieces of fresh basil * Can use 1/2 tsp garlic and onion seasoning instead of the 1/4 tsp of onion powder and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Pescetarian Salads Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.