Paleo Lemon Bars
These paleo lemon bars are all the things. They’re sweet, savory and a little tart, too! The crust on the bottom is graham cracker like, and the filling is quite lemony, infused with hints of honey.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour, + 2 Tbsp
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 pinch 2 pinch 2 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, Zest and juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and line an 8"X8" pan with parchment paper. I used a glass pan.
- Next make the crust. Start by placing the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and 1 pinch of salt in a small mixing bowl. Use a whisk to stir the ingredients until they are combined.
- In another small mixing bowl, add 1 egg, 1/4 cup honey, butter and vanilla and whisk them together. It will take a couple minutes to get the honey worked into the other ingredients.
- Next, add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and continue stirring until a clumpy dough forms.
- Plop the dough into your parchment lined square baking dish, and use your hands to spread the dough, making a uniform layer.
- Place your dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the crust starts to get golden brown around the edges and on the top.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Place 3 eggs, 1/2 cup honey, the juice and zest of 1 lemon and 1 pinch of salt in one of the bowls you used and already emptied to make the filling. I used the dry ingredient bowl when I made them last time because it meant less dishes.
- Whisk together all of the filling ingredients. Again, it will take a little effort to get the honey all the way worked into the rest of the ingredients. Stick with it, you're almost finished.
- When the crust is done, remove from the oven and pour your filling right on top.
- Return your dish to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let your paleo lemon bars cool. Once cooled, slice into bars and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week