Paleo Bananas Foster
What to do when you get a craving for bananas foster? Do it up real good, as paleo as you can. This version of paleo bananas foster will satisfy your craving and leave you wanting more and more.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, Sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Coconut Milk, Full Fat - For the Ice Cream, + 2 Tbsp for the sauce
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the butter and coconut or maple sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until combined and then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to make the sauce creamy. Continue to stir until smooth and caramel like.
- Turn the heat to low and add the banana rounds. Stir and then let it simmer while you get the ice cream going.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients. Once combined, place in your ice cream maker per the manufacturer's instructions. I used chilled coconut milk for quicker results.
- Stir the banana/sauce occasionally while the ice cream churns. Once the ice cream is done, place a small amount of the bananas and sauce in the bottom of a bowl and then add the ice cream. Top with more bananas and use up all the sauce. Duh.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week