Healthy Homemade Chocolate-Hazelnut Almond Butter
All natural, quick and easy, decadent, rich, subtly sweet and seriously chocolaty
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds, Raw, unsalted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Hazelnut, Raw, skinless
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F)
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non stick silpat mat) and pour your almonds on, making sure they are spread evenly - aka not crowded.
- Roast your nuts for 10 mins, until lightly roasted and slightly golden.
- Pour your roasted almonds and hazelnuts into the bowl of your food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the almonds would grind down into a powder, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add your salt, cacao and vanilla then process until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly - add a little extra salt or more vanilla/cacao or even a touch of stevia or some maple syrup if you feel the need and if you prefer a thinner consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks - if it lasts that long! (- seriously, good luck with that!)
If you are unable to get skinless hazelnuts simply roast them on a separate tray and once they are roasted, place on a clean dry hand towel and fold it in half. Rub it gently between your hands and the skins should come loose. Once the hazelnuts have shed their skins, discard the skins and proceed with the recipe as normal.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free GAPS Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Snacks Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.