Healthy Banana Split Smoothie
A secretly healthy, subtly sweet, decadent, rich twist on a classic dessert.
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, or milk or choice - I use unsweetened/homemade vanilla almond milk - http://betterwithcake.com/anytime/homemade-vanilla-almond-milk-vegan-gluten-free-paleo-friendly/
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Banana, preferably pre-frozen
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Ice Cubes, more or less to desired consitency
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Strawberries, Freeze Dried, For serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pineapple, For serving (I love to use freeze dried because I love that crisp crunchy texture but you could also use regular dried or even fresh if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flakes, unsweetened, For serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs, Organic, Raw, For serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all smoothie ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, pour into a chilled glass/mason jar or bowl and top with a dried fruits, shredded coconut and cacao nibs.
- Enjoy xoxo
You could also add in a scoop of protein powder (vanilla, chocolate, banana or unflavored would work really well in this recipe) and some great lakes gelatin for an extra boost of protein if you’re into that kinda thing – do what you feel baby 🙂
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBeverages Dairy Free Egg Free FODMAP Free GAPS Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.