Green Beans Amandine
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb French-Style Green Beans, trimmed
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, sliced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper, or to taste
- Fill a large pot with about 5 quarts of water and bring to boil.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and spread the beans to dry.
- In a large frying pan of sauté skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the beans and continue sautéing until heated through.
- Season with salt and peppers and stir in the almonds.
- Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
Make Ahead: The beans can be boiled up to 1 day in advance. Cover in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week