Grain-Free Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
These sugar cookies are perfect for any holiday baking, or party or event. Children will especially love getting to make fun shapes with this dough, and decorating their own cookies. I have not included a recipe for the royal icing, but you can use any royal icing recipe you find (there's really only one way to make it).
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Brown Butter Ghee, Tin Star, regular ghee is fine as well
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Maple Sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Paleo Baking Flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Carnival Sprinkles (India Tree brand)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, or standing mixer, cream the shortening, ghee, and maple sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract, and egg, and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in the Paleo Baking flour, along with the baking powder and salt.
- Once all of the ingredients have come together, add in the additional arrowroot flour.
- Mix in the rainbow sprinkles if desired.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface for rolling out the dough.
- Make sure your rolling pin is dusted with arrowroot flour, and roll out half of the dough into about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut shapes with any cookie cutters you desire.
- Carefully remove any dough surrounding the cookies, and then carefully lift them from the parchment work surface with a spatula, to your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then remove to cool. Repeat until you have used the remainder of the dough.
- Once these cookies have cooled, you may decorate them as desired. I used Royal Icing, but you can use any frosting you choose.
To make these cookies Rainbow Sprinkle, I used around 2 tablespoons of the India Tree Carnival Sprinkles, but you can use any sprinkles you desire.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Cookies Dairy Free FODMAP Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.