This gingerbread isn't bread, it's more of a cake. Its a grain-free spin on classic gingerbread that uses molasses and our Gingersnap spice blend for the classic flavors and textures of gingerbread. It is delicious on it's own, but wonderful with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, boiling
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Gingersnap Spice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic, (optional topping)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 baking tin with butter, and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a small mixing bowl, place one stick (1/2 cup) of butter softened to room temperature.
- Pour the boiling water over the butter, and allow the butter to melt.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Gingersnap Spice blend, and maple sugar.
- Whisk the butter and water together. Pour in the vanilla and molasses, and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed.
- Add the egg, and beat again until combined evenly.
- Add the dry mix to the wet, and beat again with the hand mixer until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking tin, and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove the gingerbread from the oven, and cover with foil until it cools completely. I allowed mine to cool overnight.
- Slice and enjoy, or refrigerate until eating. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week