Grain-Free Burger Buns
Based off of my English Muffin recipe, these are the perfect homemade buns for burgers, sandwiches, or pulled pork. Light, fluffy, and perfect for your summertime cookout. You wont miss the grains with this recipe around!
- 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups Cassava Flour, Sifted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp ground Psyllium husk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/4 tsp 2 1/4 tsp 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast, Rapid Rise
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Water, filtered, heated to 100 Degrees
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Pastured Eggs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, combine 1 1/2 cups cassava flour that you have whisked or sifted, 1 cup of almond flour, 1/4 cup potato starch, 1/4 cup arrowroot flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder, the salt, baking powder, and rapid rise active yeast.
- Turn your mixer on to low speed (with the paddle attachment) to evenly combine your dry ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, warm the water until it reaches 100 degrees F.
- With your standing mixer on low speed, slowly add in the warmed water.
- Add in the honey, olive oil, and your egg.
- Turn the speed up to medium, and mix until you have a fluffy sticky dough.
- Pour the dough into a greased bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Set the bowl of dough aside in the warmest part of your kitchen to rise. I usually turn our oven on to 250 F and set the bowl on the cooktop.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, preheat your oven to bake at 350 F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold your dough to release some of the air from rising.
- Grease your hands with olive oil or ghee, and grab a handful of the dough, about the size of your palm, or slightly less.
- Roll the dough in your hands to form a smooth ball, and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing each ball of dough about 2 -3 inches apart. Grease your hands as needed.
- Sprinkle the tops of the buns with sesame seeds if desired, and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least one hour.
- Slice the buns in half, and toast or grill if desired before eating.
- Enjoy with burgers, as a sandwich bun, pulled pork, or whatever your heart desires.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week