Gelato al Bacio (Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato)
Chocolate and roasted hazelnut gelato (Bacio) is a classic Italian ice cream. Inspired by the famous chocolates “Baci Perugina” it has quickly become a summer favorite. This is the Paleo version, made only of 4 ingredients, which gets remarkably close to the original.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Banana, peeled, cut into rounds and frozen
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cacao Powder, Raw
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Hazelnut, toasted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract, organic only
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Take the bananas out of the freezer about 10 minutes before starting the preparation.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor or a coffee grinder, until reduced to a fine flour.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and mix well until smoothly blended
- At this point the consistency should be perfect for serving.
- The gelato can be re-frozen, but always take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving, or until desired softness is reached.
- Serve with whole hazelnuts as decoration.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week