Garlic Mashed Root Vegetables
These aren't traditional mashed potatoes, they are mashed root vegetables, including potatoes, parsnips and turnips to give you that hearty flavor.
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole White Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Turnips, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Parsnip, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 6 clove 6 clove 6 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup free range Chicken Broth
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Nutmeg
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chives , minced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place potatoes, parsnips, turnip, and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Add 2 cups broth and enough water to cover.
- Place over medium high heat and cook until vegetables are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Return vegetables to saucepan and add butter, and 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Using a potato masher, mash until smooth, adding more cooking liquid as necessary.
- Season with nutmeg, cinnamon salt, pepper and chives.
- Serve immediately or place in a slow cooker to keep warm adding additional cooking liquid as needed.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week