Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
Snack attack!!! We are always looking for easy, paleo-safe snacks. Always. We don’t eat nearly the amount of nuts we used to, so a snack like this is a great treat. These paleo fruit and nut granola bars are filling, so they are great for a busy day on-the-go, to make sure you stay fueled and don’t get hangry. Making these gluten, grain, and refined sugar-free granola bars is really pretty simple. The hardest part is waiting for them to get out of the oven so you can drizzle melted chocolate on them, and enjoy a little bar of tastiness. All you have to do is roughly chop some almonds and cashews in a food processor and then combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl before pressing it all into a baking dish.
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almonds, Raw
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cashews, raw
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pumpkin Seeds, Shelled (pepitas)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Sunflower Seeds, Raw
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Sunbutter
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Honey, Raw
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Cherries, dried
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by lining a square baking dish with parchment paper. This will make cutting your bars easier later.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- In your food processor, roughly chop your raw almonds and cashews, and then place them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the pepitas, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes, and mix them all together.
- Next, roll your sleeves up, and add the sunflower seed butter to your mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the nut mixture into the sunflower seed butter. It's a little messy but the most efficient way to get it done.
- Rinse your hands off, and add the honey. Now, you should be able to use a spoon to get the honey mixed in.
- Add the dried cherries next and mix until everything is combined.
- Plop the mixture into your parchment lined baking dish and use your spoon or your hands to press it down making an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes, then remove and rotate 180 degrees and continue baking for another 22 minutes. The top will start to brown a bit.
- Remove from the oven and let sit, and once your pan is fully cooled, cut into bars. Depending how thick you cut, you'll get 10-12 bars.
- Heat your chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium heat or in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is creamy and smooth turn the heat off, and use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of your bars.
- Top with sea salt and enjoy these paleo fruit and nut granola bars!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week